Tuesday 25 May 2010

Zero G Game Cover 360

I have been creating the game cover for the Xbox 360 version of the game, below is the final version and a few points on how I created it.


Firstly I downloaded a template for the Xbox 360 cover, I then tweaked the cover to my needs and created some renders for the cover.

Once I had done this I created a 3D text layer for the cover in 3Ds Max, I then textured this and placed on the front cover and the spine of the cover.



Once I had done this I used the renders I had from Mikeys work and some of my work also.



I then put these into the box's I designed for the back cover and used the colors from the Xbox 360 gradient as a gradient for the box's, and I added the Team 42 logo.



The cover is now complete!


For my inspiration I looked at some less modern X360 game covers, for example I liked the "Orange Box" espically, this is because it has a clear and concise cover with nice relevant artwork. The use of colour is also applied well throughout the cover art, it has a consistent feel which is something I wanted to carryout on my cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment